Venomous Stars

Like a lost sailor 

I’ve been 

Sailing in the vast ocean

With no seashore to be seen


Then a tiny island

Came into my vision

A place where I got refuge

And my journey,  it’s resolution 


The season of my life

When my joy and despair drizzle along

It’s the city where I was born

A place where I may or may not belong


I’ve certainly been a wanderer 

And I might continue to be

Yet the spirits of this city

Keeps claiming its authority on me


Whatever be the episode of my life

Whether or not I stay nearby

It keeps pulling me back

Even if I don’t want to try


Not that I hate coming home

It has been my best spot for a staycation

There resides my beautiful memories 

And a memorial of my deepest pain


Ahead of time, it presented my fate

Afraid yet willingly I took the deep dive 

Plenty of curses were casted on my clay

And I learned to beautify my battles and thrive


The place where I lost and found myself

Not once but everyday

An endless chain repeating itself

Trying to break me in every single way


I wonder what a stubborn opportunist

It carved out of me

I learned to pick my pieces up

And mould it into an unsubduable beast


This place did me another favor

Whispered some secrets in my ear

I am the peace, I am the storm

I might seem like a stalker of perfection

But, I am the anomaly in my charm


I realized the way I scatter love

And the way I war within myself

The way I care and the way I swerve

The way I lose and bargain with myself


The way I oblige and the way I rebel

The way I serve and then regret

I learned to fight my fears

And sometimes, “Oh my dear, let’s escape"


I can be ruthless and turn all evil

With pride my shadows will take all blame

Call me pretty or just a plain Jane 

I’ll let my grievances burn in flame


I’m the silent calm ocean, if you choose me to be

I’m the raging roaring tide, if you choose me to be

And if I find a maze undersea

There I’ll perch and choose to breathe


But there’s a city where I was born

Probably obliged to bring me calm

Whether or not it is my home

A hallowed curse in my palm

                                                  - VAISHALI


~DENOTATION~

1. Staycation : take a holiday in one's home country rather than abroad, or at home with day trips to local attractions

2. Unsubduable : not capable of being conquered or vanquished or overcome

3. Anomaly : something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected

4. Swerve : change or cause to change direction abruptly

5. Plain Jane : an unattractive girl or woman

6. Hallowed : made holy; consecrated



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day in the life of an everyday hero

The Undesignated Blame

The mistakes I make ~