A Broken Aviary

Neatly furled my blanket up

Uncovered not an inch

Shh! Don’t say you saw me

Hiding under the bench

Slipping behind the walls

Reached the door and fell escape


If you pass through my cell

Don’t stop for a glance

Don’t search for my robe

I kept it for a wash

Don’t peep through that vent

I went outside for a walk


It’s my season, it’s my reign

A sage made the forecast

No gale, no ghost in the dark

Could scare me, nor the overcast


Ask the watchman near the post

He manifested my way towards the forest

And if you’re gutted of my act

Scan the time on the dead clock

It ticked for me, though haunted


You can find my shoes missing from 

the rack

Ofcourse, I wore it before I left

Pardon me please!

I will soon be back

It’s just the weather outside here

I will return after a short trek

                                            - VAISHALI


~DENOTATION ~

1. Aviary : a large cage, building, or enclosure for keeping birds in

2. Furled : neatly and securely rolled or folded up

3. Overcast : (of the sky or weather) marked by a covering of grey cloud; dull; cloud covering a large part of the sky

4. Gutted : bitterly disappointed or upset


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day in the life of an everyday hero

The Undesignated Blame

The mistakes I make ~